Insomnia prevails in the youth and old of today due to lifestyle changes. We are often faced with sleepless nights where we are glued to our computer screens and smartphones. Most adults and teenagers are giving less and less importance to the 8 hours’ sleep that doctors prescribe; they either are busy in their work or life. When they ultimately hit the bed, they are often unable to sleep because the body has derailed from the schedule. The lack of sleep is clear on their faces the next day. Due to the lack of sleep, every household is facing large medical bills and causing the unhealthy conditions in our lives.
What can deprivation of sleep do to your body?
So, you haven’t been sleeping that much for some years and may be thinking has it really taken a toll on your body? Let us see some things that less sleep can do to our healthy body system.
- Brain starts to function abnormally with the lack of sleep; it affects your cognitive abilities and emotional health. The less you sleep, the more you are prone to acquiring a chronic illness like diabetes.
- The person though cannot sleep, but they feel extreme fatigue, yawning, excessive sleepiness and irritation. Often this leads to unhealthy social relations and hampering of work.
- Sleep deprivation causes the abrupt change in the body’s cycle which can make poor coordination in people, unbalanced working and hamper right decision-making choices.
- Less amount of sleep causes severe depression and anxiety among people and even may lead to hallucinations in extreme cases.
- The immune system cannot rejuvenate itself because of the continuous waking period, so the fighting power with illness is lowered. The person may often be attacked with viral or bacterial infections.
- Obesity can be an outcome of less sleep as the hormones get out of balance in our body.
- Cardiovascular diseases rise due to sleep deprivation. Hypertension can be caused by less sleep, and it can lead to stroke or cardiac arrest.
How is sleeplessness often treated?
The most common technique to make you sleep is by giving you sleeping pills. They mainly work by slowing down the central nervous system and calming you to sleep. But many people with other diseases cannot use sleeping pills due to its composition class. And it has been seen that people do get addicted to pills. People may also feel symptoms such as dizziness, headache, stomach upset, inability to do everyday work, etc.
The unnatural drugs may help us to fall asleep, but they aren’t natural or don’t improve our sleeping cycle. Once a person leaves them, they can go back to their previous self. As an alternative sleep sprays can be used by a person suffering from sleep deprivation, they are natural and have a good taste which gives you a good night’s sleep whenever you need without any harmful consequences to bear. They are quick and safe and are made with non-GMO products to help the customers be totally free from future disturbances. It is like sprayable melatonin, will truly help fight the insomnia.